THE REDLINE AIR SHOWS AEROBATIC TEAM
Ken was inspired at an early age to pursue aviation after seeing the Blue Angels perform at Cincinnati's Lunken Airport. He is an aerobatic and multi-engine flight instructor and serves as flight-lead for the Redline Team.
Jon retired from a 25 year career as an airline captain flying heavy jets in worldwide cargo service to pursue a lifelong passion for building and flying experimental aircraft. Jon is a licensed A&P mechanic and owns and operates Redline, LLC, a company specializing in state of the art avionics installations and experimental aircraft builder assistance. Visit his site at www.redlinethegoal.com
- RedLine Airshows is a dynamic 2-ship formation aerobatic performance team. The opposing, inverted and formation maneuvers are a crowd pleaser.
- Ken and Jon both reside in Cincinnati and have been flying formation together for more than 12 years.
- We invite you to ‘like’ us on Facebook…Redline Airshows and follow us on Twitter
ABOUT THE AIRCRAFT
- Redline aircraft are Van’s RV-8s. They are 2 seat, tandem aircraft. There are more than 8000 Van's series aircraft flying worldwide.
- The RV-8 is an extremely versatile aircraft, capable of speeds up to 230 miles per hour and can land short as slow as 50 miles per hour enabling them to access almost any airport.
- The Redline planes have a 200 hp engine, and are equipped with Hartzell Advanced Structural Composite propellers.
- These Redline airplanes have been to the Dominican Republic, Acapulco Mexico, all the way to Alaska and just about everywhere in between.